Monday, September 7, 2009

me complaining about vh1 four years ago

I, for one, am sick of VH1 playing the same half dozen videos over and over again in the middle of the night when I'm trying to study and need some nice background music. It's worse than radio, really. I mean, at least radio has 80's night once in a while so I can be reminded of all the shitty, annoying songs that were popular 20 years ago.

1. "Photograph" by SwitchNickelCreedFoot of 3 Mudd Doors or whatever other talentless Candian Christian-crossover band that just released a single

more proof that nickelback sucks:




2. "Fix You" by Coldplay but really it's just Gwyneth Paltrow's husband walking around a city at night


3. "Wake Me Up When This Song Ends" by Greenday


news flash! spiky hair hasn't been cool since the first half of the 90s.

4. "Another song that nobody cares about where I walk around strumming my guitar and flaunting my hot 42 year old body" by Sheryl Crow


I stole this awesome image from http://www.songspeak.com/tag/60s-music/ Well done, my friend!

5. [Insert title of any Weezer song here] by Weezer where Rivers stares, expressionless, into the camera while surrounded by a bunch of horny teenagers. To be fair, I don't know if old school Weezer videos were all like this but they sure as hell all are now.

Do we need to put him on suicide watch?


6. Don't even get me started on U2. Honestly, the guys think they're gods or something. I mean, they named their cd "How to dismantle an atomic bomb." Hurry, alert the CIA that they can cancel any new agent training they've scheduled and purchase 800,000 copies of the new U2 cd.

That's it, I'm switching over to infomercials during my all night cram sessions and paper writings.

originally posted 11/16/05

No comments:

Post a Comment